Wednesday 23 April 2014

“I want to focus on football” – Sani Kaita

“I want to focus on football” – Sani Kaita

 “I want to focus on football” – Sani Kaita


The Aba Millionaire midfielder has revealed his reasons for his move to the Nigeria Professional Football League outfit
Midfielder Sani Kaita has explained reasons for joining Enyimbaon a three month loan deal. The former Sparta Rotterdam player is most famous for his red card following a challenge on Vasilis Torosidis in Nigeria’s 2-1 defeat to Greece at the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
According to him, he joined the Peoples Elephant because of their achievements in African football.

"I came here to play. I chose Enyimba because I want to focus only on football. I don't want anything to distract me," Kaita told KickOffNigeria.com.

"Other clubs wanted me but I chose Enyimba because it's the biggest club in Nigeria. They have won the Champions League twice. Nobody else has done that so for me, this was the best place to come.

"I'm here just to push and to play football.  I still had two-and-a-half years left of my contract with Tavriya, but I cancelled the contract because my leg was worse than I thought.

"I wanted to go for surgery and give myself enough time to recover. And after the surgery, I went to Olympiakos Nicosia before I decided to come to Enyimba.

"I can't say for now what happens after the three months. But we will see. I still have a lot to offer in football. I will just play and see what happens after.

"For me it's not about money, it's about football. When you make a sacrifice for something today, you never know what will happen tomorrow," he concluded.
Kaita was part of the Super Eagles team that won a silver medal at the 2006 and 2010 Africa Cup of Nations held in Egypt and Angola respectively.

 sport group

No comments:

Post a Comment